Summer Institute for Teachers
2008, 2009, 2010
We invited high school and middle school teacher from across the country to join us at Texas A&M University for a 2-week workshop.
The aim was to introduce investigative cases for secondary school classes to explore contemporary plant biology problems and career connections featuring the technology that support modern plant science.
With investigative cases, you can:
- Root your classroom science investigations in real world problems
- Discover career connections to biology content
- Access e-science resources to prepare your students with 21st Century skills
- Explore data, visualization tools, analysis tools and other resources for structured, yet open-ended investigations
- Develop case materials tailored for your classroom
Case materials available online:
2008 Biology Focus: Remote Sensing and Pollen
2009 Biology Focus: Ethnobotany and Seeds
2010 Biology Focus: Bioinformatics and Natural Fiber Textiles
Teaching and Learning with Investigative Cases
Case materials and resources (e.g. real-time databases, images, simulations, maps, links to open source tools, etc.) are available for download on each workshop page.